This course is suitable for complete beginners as well as the more experienced home baker who is looking to enhance and deepen their skills.
- 8 places, €125 per person, 11am-6pm, 1-day course
- A delicious vegetarian lunch made with organic, fresh, local ingredients.
- Organic/Fair Trade tea and coffee served throughout the day.
- Fresh sourdough starter to bring home with you.
- A selection of breads you have baked yourself to bring home with you.
- Saturdays – 5th March 2022 (places available), 2nd April (places available)
You will learn:
- how to make a range of wonderfully flavoursome and nutritious yeasted and sourdough breads
- how to start and maintain a rye sourdough starter
- various traditional kneading and modern no-knead dough development techniques
- how to incorporate Irish grains and flours into your baking
- about the nutritional benefits and digestibility of long fermentation and sourdough breads
This course will give you a fundamental understanding of:
- the best types of flours to use
- how to get the best results baking in your home oven
- how to best incorporate home baking into your daily routine.
You will bring home with you full set of course notes, a selection of breads you have baked yourself, fresh sourdough starter and the confidence to bake real bread at home!
Please see terms and conditions here.