This hands-on course is suitable for chefs and cooks who want to incorporate sourdough baking into their daily routine. No experience of sourdough baking is necessary.
- 8 places, €135 per person, 10am-6pm, 1-day course
- A delicious vegetarian lunch made with organic, fresh, local ingredients.
- Organic/Fair Trade tea and coffee served throughout the day.
- Fresh sourdough starter to bring home with you.
- A selection of breads you have baked yourself to bring home with you.
This hands-on course is suitable for chefs and cooks who want to incorporate sourdough baking into their daily routine. Joe has been around food in a commercial setting for 4 decades and he will teach you his tried and tested methods for baking sourdough breads in your working environment.
You will Learn:
- how to maintain a range of sourdough starters
- how to manage the fermentation and flavour of your doughs
- how to blend flours and flavours
- how to incorporate Irish grains and flours into your baking
- how to maintain consistency in your baking
- how to shape and score (cut) your loaves to get the best results
- how to design a baking schedule to fit your working day
- how to regulate your recipes to suit your kitchen ovens and place of work
- how to use baker percentages to create and regulate your own recipes, as well as advice on the equipment required to get started.
You will learn how to make a range of breads using a variety of techniques. These techniques can then be easily adapted and developed to form your own range of sourdough breads.
You will bring home with you a full set of course notes, selection of breads you have baked, fresh sourdough starter and the confidence to offer great sourdough breads on your menu.
Please see terms and conditions here.