This hands-on course is suitable for chefs and cooks who want to incorporate sourdough baking into their daily routine. No experience of sourdough baking is necessary.
- 8 places, €135 per person, 10am-6pm, 1-day course
- A delicious vegetarian lunch made with organic, fresh, local ingredients.
- Organic/Fair Trade tea and coffee served throughout the day.
- Fresh sourdough starter to bring home with you.
- A selection of breads you have baked yourself to bring home with you.
This hands-on course is suitable for chefs and cooks who want to incorporate sourdough baking into their daily routine. Joe has been around food in a commercial setting for 4 decades and he will teach you his tried and tested methods for baking sourdough breads in your working environment.
You will Learn:
- how to maintain a range of sourdough starters
- how to manage the fermentation and flavour of your doughs
- how to blend flours and flavours
- how to incorporate Irish grains and flours into your baking
- how to maintain consistency in your baking
- how to shape and score (cut) your loaves to get the best results
- how to design a baking schedule to fit your working day
- how to regulate your recipes to suit your kitchen ovens and place of work
- how to use baker percentages to create and regulate your own recipes, as well as advice on the equipment required to get started.
You will learn how to make a range of breads using a variety of techniques. These techniques can then be easily adapted and developed to form your own range of sourdough breads.
You will bring home with you a full set of course notes, selection of breads you have baked, fresh sourdough starter and the confidence to offer great sourdough breads on your menu.
Please see terms and conditions.