This course is suitable for beginners as well as for people who have some experience baking sourdough bread. It is a thorough and fundamental introduction to sourdough baking.
- 8 places, €125 per person, 11am-6pm, 1-day course
- A delicious vegetarian lunch made with organic, fresh, local ingredients.
- Organic/Fair Trade tea and coffee served throughout the day.
- Fresh sourdough starter to bring home with you.
- A selection of breads you have baked yourself to bring home with you.
Saturdays – 28th January 2023 (sold out), 25th February 2023 (sold out), 11th March (sold out), 1st April 2023 (sold out), 22nd April 2023 (1 place available), 29th April 2023 (sold out), Saturday 3rd June 2023 (places available)
Tuesdays – 7th March 2023 (sold out), 18th April 2023 (places available), 16th May (places available), 6th June (places available)
You will learn:
- how to make flavoursome and highly nutritious wheat and rye sourdough breads
- how to start and maintain a rye sourdough starter
- how to manage the fermentation and flavour of your doughs
- how to blend flours to create different flavours in your breads
- how to incorporate Irish grains and flours into your baking
- how to maximise the nutritional benefits and digestibility of sourdough breads
You will bring home with you a full set of course notes, selection of breads you have baked yourself, fresh sourdough starter and the confidence to bake real bread at home!
Please see terms and conditions here.