This course is suitable for beginners as well as for people who have some experience baking sourdough bread. It is a thorough and fundamental introduction to sourdough baking.
- 8 places, €125 per person, 11am-6pm, 1-day course
- A delicious vegetarian lunch made with organic, fresh, local ingredients.
- Organic/Fair Trade tea and coffee served throughout the day.
- Fresh sourdough starter to bring home with you.
- A selection of breads you have baked yourself to bring home with you.
Saturdays – 22nd January 2022 (places available, 29th January 2022 (places available)
Tuesdays – 14th September (sold out), 19th October (places available), 30th November (places available)
You will learn:
- how to make flavoursome and highly nutritious wheat and rye sourdough breads
- how to start and maintain a rye sourdough starter
- how to manage the fermentation and flavour of your doughs
- how to blend flours to create different flavours in your breads
- how to incorporate Irish grains and flours into your baking
- how to maximise the nutritional benefits and digestibility of sourdough breads
You will bring home with you a full set of course notes, selection of breads you have baked yourself, fresh sourdough starter and the confidence to bake real bread at home!
Please see terms and conditions.