Special Christmas Offer: free banneton (proving basket) with every baking course place and baking course voucher purchased. Offer ends at midday on Christmas Eve 2023.
This course is suitable for beginners as well as for people who have some experience baking sourdough bread. It is a thorough and fundamental introduction to sourdough baking.
- 8 places, €135 per person, 11am-6pm, 1-day course
- A delicious vegetarian lunch made with organic, fresh, local ingredients.
- Organic/Fair Trade tea and coffee served throughout the day.
- Fresh sourdough starter to bring home with you.
- A selection of breads you have baked yourself to bring home with you.
Saturdays – 13th January 2024 (sold out), 27th January 2024 (sold out), 2nd March 2024 (places available) 23rd March 2024 (places available)
Tuesdays – 28th November 2023 (sold out), 23rd January 2024 (places available), 27th February 2024 (places available), 12th March 2024 (places available)
You will learn:
- how to make flavoursome and highly nutritious wheat and rye sourdough breads
- how to start and maintain a rye sourdough starter
- how to manage the fermentation and flavour of your doughs
- how to blend flours to create different flavours in your breads
- how to incorporate Irish grains and flours into your baking
- how to maximise the nutritional benefits and digestibility of sourdough breads
You will bring home with you a full set of course notes, selection of breads you have baked yourself, fresh sourdough starter and the confidence to bake real bread at home!
Please see terms and conditions here.