This is an intermediate course which is suitable for people who have completed our Sourdough Level 1 Course, as well as for those who are baking sourdough bread regularly and wish to gain consistency in their baking and broaden their knowledge of the sourdough process.
- 8 places, €135 per person, 10am-6pm, 1-day course
- A delicious vegetarian lunch made with organic, fresh, local ingredients.
- Organic/Fair Trade tea and coffee served throughout the day.
- Fresh, organic sourdough starter to bring home with you.
- A selection of organic breads you have baked yourself to bring home with you.
- We will be re-starting classes in the Bread School in autumn 2021. If you would like us to contact you when the dates are available to book, please email us.
You will Learn:
- how to start and maintain a wheat sourdough starter
- how to make a great simple sourdough loaf at home to fit the busiest of schedules
- how to make our multi-award winning Country White Sourdough Boule
- how to make a delicious multi-grain sourdough
- how to focus on temperature and gluten strength to maximise the volume and lightness of your breads whilst ensuring a full flavour
- how to use baker percentages to create and regulate your own recipes
This course will focus on making you a better baker! Bring a loaf of your own bread on the day and Joe will give you specific feedback on what you need to work on.
You will bring home with you a selection of breads you have baked yourselves, fresh sourdough starter and a deeper understanding of the world of natural fermentation.
Please see terms and conditions.