This is an intermediate course which is suitable for people who have completed our Sourdough Level 1 Course, as well as for those who are baking sourdough bread regularly and wish to gain consistency in their baking and broaden their knowledge of the sourdough process.
- 8 places, €135 per person, 10am-6pm, 1-day course
- A delicious vegetarian lunch made with organic, fresh, local ingredients.
- Organic/Fair Trade tea and coffee served throughout the day.
- Fresh sourdough starter to bring home with you.
- A selection of breads you have baked yourself to bring home with you.
- Saturdays – Saturday 26th February 2022 (sold out), 26th March 2022 (sold out), 30th April (sold out), 28th May (places available)
- Tuesday – 15th February 2022 (sold out), 7th June 2022 (places available)
You will learn:
- how to start and maintain both a wheat and rye sourdough starter
- how to make a great simple sourdough loaf at home to fit the busiest of schedules
- how to make a traditional, flavoursome pain de campagne – a blend of rye and wheat flours
- how to make a delicious multi-grain sourdough
- how to incorporate Irish grains and flours into your baking
- how to focus on temperature and gluten strength to maximise the volume and lightness of your breads whilst ensuring a full flavour
- how to use baker percentages to create and regulate your own recipes
This course will focus on making you a better baker! Bring a loaf of your own bread on the day and Joe will give you specific feedback on what you need to work on.
You will bring home with you a full set of course notes, selection of breads you have baked yourself, fresh sourdough starter and a deeper understanding of the world of natural fermentation.
Please see terms and conditions here.