This is an advanced course which is suitable for confident home bakers as well as for experienced professional cooks and chefs who wish to broaden their sourdough repertoire.
- 8 places, €135 per person, 10am-6pm, 1-day course
- A delicious vegetarian lunch made with organic, fresh, local ingredients.
- Organic/Fair Trade tea and coffee served throughout the day.
- Fresh, organic sourdough starter to bring home with you.
- A selection of organic breads you have baked yourself to bring home with you.
- We will be re-starting classes in the Bread School in autumn 2021. If you would like us to contact you when the dates are available to book, please email us.
This course builds on Sourdough Course Levels 1 and 2 and our Sourdough Baking Course for Chefs & Cooks. It will expand on techniques already learned and introduce you to a new range of possibilities for working with natural fermentation.
Using temperature and various fermentation techniques you will learn how to work with the subtle and complex flavours, textures and forms of your breads.
You will Learn:
- how to make our Sourdough Walnut bread with a stiff whole-wheat levain
- how to use couching techniques to produce other breads
- how to make wheat and rye sourdough crispbreads
- how to use baker percentages to create and regulate your own recipes
This course will offer you the opportunity to immerse yourself in a variety of techniques which will give you skills and confidence to be a more instinctive baker.
Bring a loaf of your own sourdough bread on the day and Joe will give you specific feedback on what you need to work on.
You will bring home with you a selection of breads, fresh sourdough starter and a deeper understanding of the world of natural fermentation.
Please see terms and conditions.