This is an advanced course which is suitable for confident home bakers as well as for experienced professional cooks and chefs who wish to broaden their sourdough repertoire.
- 8 places, €135 per person, 10am-6pm, 1-day course
- A delicious vegetarian lunch made with organic, fresh, local ingredients.
- Organic/Fair Trade tea and coffee served throughout the day.
- Fresh sourdough starter to bring home with you.
- A selection of breads you have baked yourself to bring home with you.
- Saturday – 22nd October (places available)
This course builds on Sourdough Course Levels 1 and 2 and our Sourdough Baking Course for Chefs & Cooks. It will expand on techniques already learned and introduce you to a new range of possibilities for working with natural fermentation.
You will learn:
- how to make a wonderful Sourdough Walnut bread with a focus on flavour and open crumb structure
- how to make a Malthouse Sourdough bread using couching techniques
- how to incorporate Irish grains and flours into your baking
- how to use temperature and various fermentation techniques in order to work with the subtle and complex flavours, textures and forms of your breads.
- how to use baker percentages to create and regulate your own recipes
This course will offer you the opportunity to immerse yourself in a variety of techniques which will give you the skills and confidence to be a more instinctive baker.
You will bring home with you a full set of course notes, selection of breads, fresh sourdough starter and a deeper understanding of the world of natural fermentation.
Please see terms and conditions here.